2021 New York State
Men's Senior & Super Senior
The Powelton Club | August 3-5
Terms of the Competition
- Gender: The Championship is open to male amateur golfers.
- Membership: Players must be a member of the NYSGA, defined as either belonging to an NYSGA member club or an NYSGA eClub (NYS residency required of eClub members).
- Age: Players must be at least 55 years old as of August 3, 2021
- USGA Handicap Index: Players must have an up-to-date USGA Handicap Index of 12.0 or less for the Senior Championship and 15.0 or less for the Super Senior Championship, issued by their NYSGA member club.
- Entries: All players must register online prior to the established deadline (see below). Entries by mail or fax will not be accepted.
- Fee: $225
- Deadline: Entries must be received prior to the deadline (5PM EST on Thursday, July 15, 2021). Late entries will not be accepted, regardless of reason.
- Refund Policy: A portion of the entry fee, based on the schedule below, will be refunded regardless of reason if the NYSGA is notified (315-471-6979 or via email at email@example.com): Prior to Deadline: Entry fee less $20. After the Deadline: Entry fee less $50.
FIELD SIZE, WAIT LIST, AND HANDICAP REVIEW
- Field Size: 132 players
- Wait List Procedure: If more than 132 players register, the field will be determined by the 81/51 players in the Senior/Super Senior divisions with the lowest Handicap Index as of the entry deadline. Any player that does not earn a spot in the field will be placed on a wait list ordered by their Handicap Index. A player who does not qualify via this procedure to play in the Championship will have their full entry refunded either (1) when they ask to be removed from the wait list or (2) once the tournament starts.
- Handicap Review: A player may be subject to Handicap review if he does not have at least five scores posted in the previous 3 posting months. The NYSGA reserves the right to amend the field/waitlist.
FORMAT, DIVISIONS, & TIES
- Format: This Championship will be conducted over 54 holes of individual stroke play.
- Divisions: There are two separate divisions in this Championship:
- 64th NYS Senior Amateur Championship (ages 55+)
- 25th NYS Super Senior Amateur Championship(ages 65+).
- Age Groups: In addition to competing in one of the Championship divisions listed above, players will also compete within the following age divisions: 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+.
- Schedule: The tentative schedule of events is listed below.
- Monday, August 2 // Practice Rounds
- Tuesday, August 3 // Round 1 (18 Holes)
- Wednesday, August 4 // Round 2 (18 Holes)
- Thursday, August 5 // Round 3 (18 Holes)
- Cut: There is a cut after 36 holes to the low 50% and ties of each Championship division (not Age grounds).
- Ties: The player in each Championship with the lowest score for 54 holes will be the champion. In the event of a tie for the Championship, a sudden-death playoff will be held immediately following play. If there is a tie for the winner in the Age Groups, the tie will be broken using the USGA's method of matching scorecards.
A competitor may bring his own caddie or carry his own clubs. There are no caddies available through the host club. A player is not required to employ a caddie for any stage of the Championship.
The use of a motorized golf cart is approved, payment for which is included in the entry fee.
INFORMATION & PAIRINGS
Complete Championship details, including information about pairings, starting times, and yardages played, will be emailed to players and posted on this website after entries close.
For a complete listing of NYSGA Championship Policies and Procedures, click here.
NYSGA CONTACT INFORMATION
CONDITIONS; TERMS; SCHEDULES
The NYSGA reserves the right to amend any of the conditions, terms, or schedules published for this Championship. The decision of the NYSGA in any matter will be final.
To view past results for these Championships, click here.
SUPPORT OUR SPONSORS
Thank you to our valued sponsors! Their support of the NYSGA and our member golf community helps us strengthen our services, member benefits and overall tournament experience.
For more information, click here.