2021 New York State
Men's Senior & Super Senior
The Powelton Club | August 3-5
Memorandum to Players
CHAMPIONSHIPS, FORMAT, AND CUT INFORMATION
This championship is a three-day 54-hole stroke play competition. The field will be cut after 36 holes to the low 50% of players and ties in each championship divison (senior and super senior).
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Listed below is the tentative schedule of events for this year’s championship. Please note that this schedule is subject to change. Any changes will necessitate an email to the field with an update.
Monday, August 2
- 9:00-4:00pm.......... Registration
- 9:30-3:00pm.......... Practice rounds
Tuesday, August 3
- 7:30-9:00am............Round 1, tees #1 and #10
- 11:00-3:00pm..........Player lunch
- 12:30-2:00pm..........Round 1, tees #1 and #10
Wednesday, August 4
- 7:30-9:00am............Round 2, tees #1 and #10
- 11:00-3:00pm..........Player lunch
- 12:30-2:00pm..........Round 2, tees #1 and #10
Thursday, August 5
- 7:30-9:00am............Round 3, tees #1 and #10
- 11:00-3:00pm..........Player lunch
- 2:30pm....................Award ceremony
Pairings for Rounds 1 and 2 are online (click here).
Players who plan to arrive at The Powelton Club on Monday, August 2 for practice rounds will register in-person with NYSGA staff by the pro shop. Players will be provided with their tee gifts, have their profile picture taken for online scoring, and be given final important notices and reminders.
- Register online
- Register by email: email@example.com
Failure to register may result in the forfeiture of your spot in the championship.
A complimentary practice round is available on Monday, August 2. To secure a tee time, DO NOT CALL THE PRO SHOP. Players must register for a practice round via the website noted below, which will become active at 12:00pm on Tuesday, July 20.
- Visit "Schedule Your Practice Round" under the "Pairings" menu option (active 7/20 at 12pm)
- Select your name from the search bar
- Select your desired tee time. You may add other player in the field to your grouping. DO NOT remove a player without their permission.
- If you need assistance, please call the NYSGA office at 315-471-6979.
NO DRIVING RANGE
There is no driving range at The Powelton Club, so please plan accordingly. The nearest driving range is that Fishkill Golf Course (387 US 9, Fishkill, NY 12524). This driving range is a 14 minute drive (9.1 miles) but could be much longer due to construction on the Newburgh Beacon Bridge. Another option is Orange Countys' Stony Ford Golf Course (1211 Route 416, Montgomery, NY 12549) which is a 23 minute drive (16.3 miles) from Powelton, but you do not have to worry about the bridge construction.
Be careful, arriving late to a starting time due to traffic does not warrant waiving the penalty under Rule 5.3a.
Seniors will play from the white tees (6,124yards, par 70) and the super seniors from the white/gold tees (5,742 yards, par 70).
Lunch will be provided to contestants competition rounds. Lunch for spectators and caddies will be available for purchase.
ON-COURSE WATER & SNACKS
Water bottles and fruit/snacks will be provided on the golf course for players/caddies only.
If you would like reserve use of a locker at The Powelton Club, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A player may provide his own caddie. All caddies will be required to use an NYSGA bib during competition rounds. Bibs can be checked out at the registration table (license or a credit card is required as a deposit) prior to each round. There are no caddies available via The Powelton Club.
GOLF CARTS AND THE NYSGA 'ONE-SEAT' POLICY
The use of a golf cart for all rounds (including the practice round) is included in your entry fee. The use of a golf cart is NOT mandatory. A player may carry his own clubs or use a manual or electric push cart.
The NYSGA's 'One-Seat' Policy is in effect. This policy permits either the player or his caddie to ride, but not both at the same time. If there are only two players riding in a group, they will be required to take one cart. Exceptions to this policy are made when the player's caddie has been approved for a handicap cart (see below).
SPECTATORS AND CARTS
Spectators are encouraged to attend this Championship follow guidelines consistent with other golf competitions. Spectators are expected to maintain a reasonable distance (at least 20 yards) from players and to always walk with or ahead of the group they are following. Spectators must not give players advice, doing so could result in the player being penalized. Spectators who are in breach of these recommendations may be subject to removal from the golf course.
The NYSGA will accommodate spectators with an ADA disability by allowing them to ride in their own golf cart. To request this accommodation, a spectator must complete an return the NYSGA Golf Cart Request Form at least 24 hours in advance.
The NYSGA does not have a group hotel rate assigned for this Championship (NYSGA members may use Affinity Travel Benefits to save on lodging). Listed below are a sampling of a few hotels and their distance from the course.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Newburgh Stewart Airport, 5.2 miles (10 min)
- Courtyard by Marriott Newburgh Stewart Airport, 6.6 miles (11 min)
- Red Roof Inn & Suites Newbrugh Stewart Airport, 5.7 miles (11 min)
LOCAL RULES AND CONDITIONS
Listed below are a number of important Conditions of Competition and Local Rules for this Championship.
- RULES OF GOLF; WHEN COMPETITION IS FINAL. Play will be governed by The Rules of Golf as approved by the USGA and R&A. Questions are to be referred to the NYSGA Rules Committee, whose decision will be final. The result of this Championship is final when the Championship trophy has been presented.
- NYSGA LOCAL RULES AND TERMS OF THE COMPETITION (HARD CARD). Download the 2019 NYSGA Hard Card (click here).
- GOLF BALLS; DRIVER HEADS. Model Local Rules G-1 and G-3 are in effect. Visit the USGA website for a list of approved golf balls (click here) and driver heads (click here).
- PERSONAL APPEARANCE. Players must be neat in appearance with respect to personal grooming and clothing.
To withdraw, promptly notify the NYSGA (call 315-471-6979, or e-mail email@example.com). Failure to do so may result in disqualification from future NYSGA competitions.
PACE OF PLAY
It is a condition that players must play without undue delay in accordance with guidelines established by the Committee. To view the NYSGA's Pace of Play Policy, click here.
In the event of a discontinuance of play during this Championship, players must adhere to the evacuation plan distributed by the NYSGA.
Players and/or their guests must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner at all times. Any excessive display of anger, vulgar language, club throwing, alcohol abuse, illegal drug use, lack of golfing etiquette or disrespect to a fellow player or any other individual may be grounds or disqualification from any tournament. The NYSGA reserves the right to revoke a player's tournament entry, without a refund, at any time for conduct deemed inappropriate or damaging to the NYSGA.
THE POWELTON CLUB
29 Old Balmville Rd, Newburgh, NY 12550
Christopher Diesing, General Manager
Charlie Poole, PGA
Vincent Barnaba, GCSAA
NYSGA STAFF IN CHARGE
Andrew Hickey, NYSGA Assistant Executive Director
Dan Mort, USGA P.J. Boatwright, Jr Intern